Geometry Freebie and a Halloween Treat

We are finishing our geometry unit this week and my student teacher is teaching the last lesson before the kids take their test this week. We were discussing the lesson and she was looking around the internet for some ideas to inspire her. We came up with this cute activity for the kids to do as a great review of their skills before their test. Today, we had the kids make a riddle flip book of plane shapes and solid figures.


Each student chose 3 shapes with a combination of 2D and 3D shapes. They wrote how many sides and vertices the shape has and then decided if it was a plane shape or solid figure.


On the last page they wrote the name of the shape and drew a picture of it. The kids loved this activity and it was a great way to see what still needed to be reviewed before testing. 

You can grab this freebie HERE! If you do, please leave a comment or follow my little blog. I love hearing back from each of you!

Halloween is a little over a week away and my two boys could not be more excited. I am one of the room parents in my son's kindergarten classroom and we are going to have a party on Friday before their school Halloween carnival. I wanted to come up with something sort of healthy to share with them because they will be loading up on so much sugar in the next few days. I saw this idea on Pinterest and had to make them for his class.

I bought mandarin orange cups and drew jack-o-lantern faces on them, put them in a Halloween bowl and there you have it- a healthier Halloween treat! Have a great evening everyone!




5 comments :

  1. What a great idea! I love the Halloween treat too!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have this Shape Book still available? I can't seem to locate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't find the freebie? Can you help me find the shape book freebie?

    ReplyDelete